Before you can start harnessing the full power of storytelling, you need to uncover your business’ story. We like to call this process the distillation of your story because usually many of your story’s elements are already there, either in your existing materials or just in the back of your mind. It’s all about boiling them down to a compelling narrative.
We work with you, every step of the way, to make sure we come to a business story that resonates well with you and your stakeholders, with your employees and with your customer base.
Businesses often come to us ahead of a website or product launch, a specific marketing campaign or as part of a rebranding exercise but nearly every business can benefit from a structured story review.
The outcome of our story distillation process is a guiding document which includes your refined purpose statement, marketing promise, key messaging, strategic positioning, initial content snippets for your website and social media descriptions, and anything else you might need to start implementing your story. The exact deliverables are agreed with you beforehand.
Here’s an example of how our approach could benefit your business:
- Free consultation – We’ll come to your office to discuss your specific needs. This meeting will inform how we’ll structure the process. You might have a clear idea of where you want to get to or you might just be looking to increase your customer loyalty or internal engagement but aren’t sure how yet.
- State of play review – We’ll look at your existing materials and might talk to a few stakeholders and conduct market research to get a good understanding of what your business is trying to achieve and how you are communicating at the moment. This part of the process can still have an impact on what steps we’ll take next.
- Distillation preparation – We’ll send you and your stakeholders a personalised questionnaire to fill in. This will help you to start thinking about your story and it will give us an idea of the potential routes we can go down when it comes to bringing out the best narrative.
- Distillation workshop – We’ll get together for a structured workshop with you and your stakeholders where we’ll combine the answers from the questionnaire and use it as the basis of crafting your business story.
- Initial draft – guiding document – After the workshop, we’ll draft a first version of the guiding document based on our initial conclusions.
- Document review – We’ll get together again with you and your stakeholders to review every element in the guiding document and make tweaks where necessary.
- Final draft – guiding document – We’ll finalise your guiding document to form the basis of your storytelling strategy. You’re ready to start implementing now.
Once you have uncovered your business story, it’s time to start implementing it.
We can help you forge your brand and create new branding elements, adverts or other marketing materials. We can also support you with crafting your content so that you have a consistent content strategy that can effectively generate more leads, increase brand awareness and drive internal engagement.
Get in touch now for a free consultation.